We’re Turning Ten!
We can hardly believe a decade has flown by since Tiki Girl herself, Briana Critelli, took ownership of our thriving small business. Over the years, Tiki Girl has grown to boast retail and warehouse locations, over ten employees, a substantial social media presence, and even it’s own private label. We didn’t flourish overnight though, and Tiki Girl’s success can only be attributed to the hard work and dedication of one inspirational boss lady and a team of talented individuals dedicated to developing the business and themselves. Above all though, we owe our success too you- our customers, our friends, our family. We are so thankful for the support we have received from the community throughout the years and we love that you love Tiki Girl! It’s one of our biggest joys to help people feel beautiful and it has been our pleasure and honor to dress you over the years.
Tiki Talk With Briana
- Listen to your gut.
- Know you are going to work harder than you ever have before as long as you’re in business.
- Don’t compare your success to others.
- Stay focused and nurture your business, try not to start another side hustle until your main focus is thriving or if it’s complimentary to what you’re already doing.
- Move past mistakes quickly.
- You’ll only grow if you have a good team, so invest in their development and be a nice person to them.
- Implement clear rules and procedures.
- Run business ideas past a mentor.
- It’s okay to take a night to “sleep on it” for big decisions.
Tiki Girls: What are some of your goals for the next ten years?
⁃ Continue designing and expanding our in- house brand, Tiki Girl the label!
⁃ Scale Shoptikigirl.com
- MAYBE open a few other stores
Tiki Girls: What are your top three fashion must haves for fall this year?
Briana: Contrary to popular belief, I don’t have that many clothes and pretty much wear the same things over and over. But the things I do wear, I LOVE.
This fall I’ll be wearing:
- A quilted jacket or flannel shacket
- A chunky heel pair of everyday black boots
- A great fitting pair of jeans
See inspiration and shop our similar styles for Briana’s picks below!
Click To Shop The Look Below!
Game Day Mom Jean $88.00
Take A Walk Denim Jean (Olive) $72.00
Images Via Instagram
Click To Shop The Look Below!
Bonfire And Chill Shacket $54.00
Plaid Influence Shacket $66.00
Setting Sail In Style
To celebrate our 10 year anniversary we booked a private cruise with Santa Barbara Sailing on their beautiful catamaran, the Double Dolphin! We closed the store for the day and set sail for a late afternoon cruise around the Santa Barbara coastline. The 1400 square foot boat perfectly accommodated our store and warehouse staff and their loved ones and we enjoyed a beautiful evening of music, food, and drink! As a thank you, Briana gifted the entire staff with gift cards and we were able to purchase new looks for our night on the water. A great time was had by all and we highly recommend Santa Barbara Sailing for your next group event! Check out our photos below to see what looks the Tiki Girls styled for themselves and to catch a glimpse of the Double Dolphin!